- Data may be submitted in Excel files or as comma-delimited text files.
- Each column must have a concise label representing the name of the variable. The definition of the variable will be included with metadata.
- There must be no empty cells in the data file. Please put comments only on the comments columns.
- Missing data may be coded as 'na' or '.' if the variable is alphanumeric. Missing data may be coded as ' ' blank value if the variable is numeric.
- Data must be thoroughly documented with accompanying metadata.
- Submitting Metadata: please document your dataset with a descriptive title, abstract, contact information for the PIs, detailed methods, key words, instrument names, any QA/QC procedures, and variable information. Please download this metadata template, research method template, and Konza data description example. Completed documents should be sent to the Konza Information Manager.
- Please contact the Konza Information Manager for additional guidance or if you have any questions.